The Exchange has served the community for over 68 years by donating its profits for the maintenance of the historic buildings of the village: Village Hall, Village Church, Leonard School, Library and Firehouse. The Exchange also supports the Good Neighbors Program and the village’s Mt. Adnah Cemetery. Annisquam is one of the oldest and best-preserved villages in Gloucester. The Annisquam Exchange was established to insure that the history, architecture, art and community of Annisquam will be preserved for future generations. The Exchange began in the old Firehouse, which is now a museum preserving Annisquam’s 384 (1630) year-old history; the Exchange moved to its present location in the equally historic Leonard School in the mid 1940’s.